Keçiören Municipality is the biggest district in Turkey by area and population density. Keçiören Municipality is a local government unit which uses its authorities to improve the economic, social and cultural status of its residents in a way that encourages them to participate in the management of the district.
The services provided by Keçiören Belediyesi to the residents are:
- Development and construction of public facilities and infrastructures
- Develop geographical and city management information systems
- Provide recycling and environmental cleaning
- Provide municipal police, fire department, ambulance, emergency assistance
- Forestation, parks and recreation areas
- Cultural activities, education, tourism and publicity, sports activities
- Social services and care for disabled and other disadvantaged people
- Protective services for children and women
Keçiören dates back to 1983 when it became a separate municipal constituency. It comprises 51 Precincts and covers the area of 190 square km. It is situated about 13 km from the city centre with altitude of 1075 m above sea level. It is the largest Municipality in Ankara with over 900,000 residents.
- Ecological Awareness
- Innovative Approach